Wednesday 13 February 2013

Boot Camp? I don't want to join the Army!


So...what is Boot Camp?

Boot Camp is an exercise class designed to push you to your own limits, within your comfort zone. The class will typically last for one hour, including a warm-up and cool-down section.

It is a whole body work out, meaning there will be a mixture of cardiovascular routines, strength (resistance) training, and core work outs. The exercises will focus on different major muscle groups allowing clients to develop a well-balanced workout routine.

The idea is to continually give the body a new stimulus, as research demonstrates that it is the most efficient and effective way to improve your cardiovascular system, lose weight and build muscle. The endless variety of exercises insures that no two classes are the same, and that every class feels new and exciting.

Who is it for?

Contrary to popular belief, classes like Boot Camp are not just for the fittest of the fit or the army! My aim and mantra is that exercise is for any ability, any age, any one. I am here to help people become FIT, HEALTHY and HAPPY.

Boot Camp is therefore open to everyone (male or female). I am aware that everyone is different and that everyone has different ranges of ability and fitness levels – I therefore make sure that there is always a different option (easier or harder!) and am sensitive to people’s needs. I will give encouragement, give demonstrations, join in – but I will not shout at you! It is not the military, but it is meant to be tough – yet most importantly, fun.

Exercises?

I try and make each session different and exciting. There are a whole load of body weight exercises out there and I try and use as many of them as possible (I also make sure that I can do them too! If I expect YOU to do them, I have to be able to do them too).

Example exercises:
 Mountain Climbers
 Squats
 Push-ups
 Log-leaps
 Crunches
 Planks

If equipment was to be used, it would consist of things like:
 Kettlebells
 Skipping ropes
 Resistance bands
 Agility Ladder


Who will run them?

I, Louise Wright, will be the instructor. I will take the bookings and Boot Camp will run come rain or shine! All you need to do is bring £5, a towel, some water and yourself!

Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment