Wednesday 26 September 2012

New season, new you!

Hello!

My first blog is going to be a bit of an introduction...So as a wise Nun once said; "Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start"!

My name is Louise Wright and in 2011 I graduated from the University of Exeter in Exercise and Sport Science, receiving a First Class BSc Honours degree. As well as studying I also played Netball, was a research assistant and volunteered for Action After Stroke (a rehab group for stroke victims). As for my degree, I studied a mixture of modules including Psychology, Statistics, Anatomy, Physiology, Clinical Exercise Prescription and Biomechanics.
Pic 1: Me as a newly qualified PT


After having a bit of time off to travel to the other side of the world (Australia, Fiji and New Zealand to be precise!) I started studying (again), but this time to get my Personal Trainer qualification. In September of this year I completed a 7 day intensive course and became a qualified Level 2 Gym Instructor, Level 2 Kettlebell instructor and a Level 3 Personal Trainer (as well as getting in-house Pad Work training). This was all completed with the Vision Fitness Academy. I am now REPs registered and ready and raring to go!
Pic 2: Me snorkeling in the Whitsunday Islands, Australia

I have a passion for sport, health and fitness. I love to keep fit and play sport - especially netball, swimming and skiing, as well as watching rugby union, tennis, cricket, F1 and many more. I have always been, and always will be, a sports nut who believes that exercise and sport can unite people better than anything else! As Nelson Mandela once said: "Sport has the power to change the world".

I have a passion for helping people realise their goals and potential...I want to help people become fit, healthy and most importantly - happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment